21 October 2010

Pray for Vocations

We visited my sister at the Carmelites of the Aged and Infirmed this weekend. She isn't in the order but discerning what God has in store for her and working closely with the sisters.
While there we had a lot of "down time". Between my sister, parents and my sisters two closest friends (who my girls also call "aunt") our girls were always with someone. It was nice for my husband and I. We got quite a bit of quiet time. It was like a retreat. The convent there looks out over the Hudson River and is on 86 acres. It is peaceful- serene. I personally took a lot of time to pray for my girls- for their future vocations, whether it be marriage, religious life or single. I pray that they always "discern the will of God; what is pleasing and acceptable in His sight" (from Rom 12).
Here is a prayer for vocations to St Therese that I found while there:
Dear St Therese of the Child Jesus,
Your love for God led you to Carmel
where you could offer your life for the
sanctification of Priests and the
salvation of souls.
Although you never left your cloister,
you helped missionaries with your prayers
and sacrifices.
Through your example countless souls have
been attracted to your "Little Way of
Spiritual Childhood".
We ask that through your intercession
many souls will follow your example in
leaving ALL for Christ, and will dedicate
their lives to Him in our Carmelite Vocation
of caring for the Aged and Infirm.

1 comment:

  1. The last part can obviously be changed from: and will dedicate their lives to Him "in our Carmelite Vocation of caring for the Aged and Infirm" to fit a partiular person or need.

    ReplyDelete