19 April 2011

50 Days of Easter prayers

To go along with the 50 days of Easter where we will hang 50 Easter eggs in our front window, our family has chosen to put prayers that coincide with the Mass readings of the day to be said before bedtime with the girls. Please feel free to use!
1. The Lord has risen from the dead, as he foretold. Let there be hapiness and rejoicing for he is our King forever, alleluia. Chist now raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has power over Him, alleluia.  Mt 28:14-25
2. If men desire wisdom, she will give them the water of knowledge to drink. They will never waver from the truth; they will stand firm forever, alleluia. If you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God, alleluia. Jn 20: 11-18
3. Come you whom my Father has blessed; inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the foundation of the world, alleluia. The disciples recognized the Lord Jesus in the breaking of bread, alleluia. Lk 24: 13-35
4. Your people praised your great victory, O Lord. Wisdom opened the mouth that was dumb, and made the tongues of babies speak, alleluia. You are a people God claims as his own, to praise Him who called you out of darkness into marvelous light, alleluia. Lk 24: 35-48
5. The Lord led His people out of slavery. He drowned their enemies in the sea, alleluia. Jesus said to His disciples: Come and eat. And He took the bread, and gave it to them, alleluia. Jn 21: 1-14
6. The Lord led his people to freedom and they shouted with joy and gladness, alleluia. All you who have been baptized have been clothed in Christ, alleluia. Mk 16: 9-15
7. Jesus spoke to Thomas: Put your hand here, and see the place of the nails. Doubt no longer, but believe, alleluia. Jn 20: 19-31
 Almighty God, may the Easter sacraments we have received live forever in our minds and our hearts. We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen. 
8. I will look after my sheep, says the Lord, and I will raise up one shepherd who will pasture them. I, the Lord, will be their God, alleluia. You have not chosen me; I have chosen you. Go and bear fruit that will last, alleluia. Jn 3: 1-8
9. The Lord chose these holy men for their unfeigned love, and gave them eternal glory, alleluia. Lord, let us see the Father, and we shall be content. And Jesus said: Philip, he who sees me, sees the Father, alleluia. Jn 14: 6-14
10. I will be a witness to you in the world, O Lord. I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers, alleluia. The Lord says, I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last, alleluia. Jn 3:16-21
11. When you walked at the head of your people, O God, and lived with them on their journey, the earth shook at your presence, and the skies poured forth their rain, alleluia. I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia. Jn 3: 31-36
12. By your blood, O Lord, you have redeemed us from every tribe and tongue, from every nation and people: you have made us into the kingdom of God, alleluia. Christ our Lord was put to death for our sins; and He rose again to make us worthy of life, alleluia. Jn 6: 1-15
13. You are a people God claims as His own, to praise Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, alleluia. Father, I want the men you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they may see the glory you have given me, alleluia. Jn 6: 16-21
14. The disciples recognized the Lord Jesus in the breaking of bread, alleluia. Lk 24: 13-35 Lord, look on your people with kindness and by these Easter mysteries bring us to the glory of the resurrection. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.
15. The Good Shepherd is risen! He who laid down His life for His sheep, who died for His flock, He is risen, alleluia. The Lord says, peace I leave with you, my own peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give, alleluia. Jn 6: 22- 29
16. All you who fear God, both the great and the small, give praise to Him! For His salvation and strength have come, the power of Christ, alleluia. Because we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also come to life with Him, alleluia. Jn 6: 30-35
17. Fill me with your praise and I will sing your glory; songs of joy will be on my lips, alleluia. Christ has risen and shines upon us, whom He has redeemed by His blood, alleluia. Jn 6: 35-40
18. Let us sing to the Lord, He has covered Himself in glory! The Lord is my strength, and I praise Him: He is the Savior of my life, alleluia. Christ died for all, so that living men should not live for themselves, but for Christ who died and was raised to life for them, alleluia. Jn 6: 44-51
19. The Lamb who was slain is worthy to receive strenth and divinity, wisdom and power and honor, alleluia. The man who died on the Cross has risen from the dead, and has won back our lives from death, alleluia. Jn 6: 52-59
20. You have not chosen me; I have chosen you. Go and bear fruit that will last, alleluia. This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you, alleluia. Jn 15: 9-17
21. The Good Shepherd is risen! He who laid down His life for his sheep, who died for His flock, He is risen, alleluia. Jn 10: 1-10 Father, eternal Shepherd, watch over the flock redeemed by the blood of Christ and lead us to the promised land. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
22. Christ now raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has power over him, alleluia. Jesus came and stood among his disciples and said to them: Peace be with you, alleluia. Jn 10: 11-18
23. Let us shout out our joy and hapiness, and give glory to God, the Lord of all, because He is our King, alleluia. Christ had to suffer and to rise from the dead, and so enter into His glory, alleluia. Jn 10: 22-30
24. I will be a witness to You in the world, O Lord. I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers, alleluia. The Lord says, I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last, alleluia. Jn 12: 44-50
25. When you walked at the head of your people, O God, and lived with them on their journey, the earth shook at your presence and the skies poured forth their rain, alleluia. I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleulia. Jn 13: 16-20
26. By your blood, O Lord, you have redeemed us from every tribe and tongue, from every nation and people: you have made us into the kingdom of God, alleluia. Christ our Lord was put to death for our sins; and He rose again to make us worthy of life, alleluia. Jn 14: 1-6
27. You are a people God claims as His own, to praise Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light, alleluia. Father, I want the men you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they may see the glory you have given me, alleluia. Jn 14: 7-14
28. I am the vine and you are the branches, says the Lord; he who lives in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit, alleluia. Jn 14: 1-12 Merciful Father, may these mysteries give us new purpose and bring us to a new life in you. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
29. The Good Shepherd is risen! He who laid down His life for His sheep, who died for His flock, He is risen, alleluia. The Lord says, peace I leave with you, my own peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give, alleluia. Jn 14: 21-26
30. All you who fear God, both the great and the small, give praise to Him! For His salvation and strength have come, the power of Christ, alleluia. Because we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also come to life with Him, alleluia. Jn 14: 27-31a
31. Fill me with your praise and I will sing your glory; songs of joy will be on my lips, alleluia. Christ has risen and shines upon us, whom He has redeemed by His blood, alleluia. Jn 15: 1-8
32. The Spirit of God is upon me; He has anointed me. He sent me to bring good news to the poor, and to heal the broken-hearted, alleluia. I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia. Jn 15: 9-11
33. The Lamb who was slain is worthy to receive strength and divinity, wisdom and power and honor, alleluia. The man who died on the cross has risen from the dead, and has won back our lives from death, alleluia. Jn 15: 12-17
34. In baptism we have died with Christ, and we have risen to new life in Him, because we believed in the power of God who raised him from the dead, alleluia. Father, I pray for them: may they be one in us, so that the world may believe it was you who sent me, alleluia. Jn 15: 18-21
35. If you love me, keep my commandments, says the Lord. The Father will send you the Holy Spirit, to be with you forever, alleluia. Jn 14: 15-21 Almighty and ever-living Lord, you restored us to life by raising Christ from death. Strengthen us by this Easter sacrament; may we feel its saving power in our daily life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
36. Christ now raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has power over him, alleluia. Jesus came and stood among his disciples and said to them: Peace be with you, alleluia. Jn 15: 26- 16:4a
37. Come, all you who fear God, and hear the great things the Lord has done for me, alleluia. All generations will call me blessed, for the Almighty has done great things for me. Holy is His name, alleluia. Lk 1: 39-56
38. The wicked tempted me with their fables against your law, but I proclaimed your decrees before kings without fear or shame, alleluia. I resolved that while I was with you I would think of nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified, alleluia. Jn 16: 12-15
39. When you walked at the head of your people, O God, and lived with them on their journey, the earth shook at your presence, and the skies poured forth their rain, alleluia. I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia. Jn 16: 16-20
40. Come, you whom my Father has blessed; inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the foundation of the world, alleluia. Those who are victorious I will feed from the tree of life, which grows in the paradise of my God, alleluia. Jn 16: 20-23
41. You are a people God claims as His own, to praise Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, alleluia. Father, I want the men you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they may see the glory you have given me, alleluia. Jn 16: 23b-28
42. I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia. Mt 28: 16-20 Father, in this Eucharist, we touch the divine life you give to the world. Help us to follow Christ with love to eternal life where He is Lord forever and ever. Amen.
43. You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. You will be my witnesses to all the world, alleluia. The Lord said: I will not leave you orphans. I will come back to you, and your hearts will rejoice, alleluia. Jn 16: 29-33
44. I am the beginning and the end of all things. I have met death, but I am alive, and I shall live for eternity, alleluia. The Lord says, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things, and remind you of all I have said to you, alleluia. Jn 17: 1-11a
45. All nations, clap your hands. Shout with a voice of joy to God, alleluia. The Lord says: When the Holy Spirit comes to you, the Spirit whom I shall send, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me, and you also will be my witnesses, alleluia. Jn 17: 11b-19
46. Let us come to God's presence with confidence, because we will find mercy, and strength when we need it, alleluia. This is the word of Jesus: It is best for me to leave you; because if I do not go, the Spirit will not come to you, alleluia. Jn 17: 20-26
48. Christ loved us and has washed away our sins with his blood, and has made us a kingdom of priests to serve his God and Father, alleluia. When the Spirit of truth comes, says the Lord, he will lead you to the whole truth, alleluia. Jn 21:15-19
49. This is the prayer of Jesus: that he who believes may become as one as He is one with the Father, alleluia. Jn 17: 1-11a God our Savior, hear us, and through this holy mystery give us hope that the glory you have given Christ will be given to the Church, his body, for He is Lord forever and ever. Amen.
50. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke of the great things God had done, alleluia. Jn 20: 19-23 Father, may the food we receive in the Eucharist help our eternal redemption. Keep within us the vigor of your Spirit and protect the gifts you have given to your Church. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment